Error 5000

diegoPF

Error 5000

Post by diegoPF »

Dear all
We are experiencing some problems with our equipment. Whenever we try to start gathering data with Actiview705 "Error 5000 occured at No Incoming Data. Possible reason(s): ADC-box power is off or Optical fiber is disconnected " appears. ADC-box has the green light signaling power is on, and CMS in range blue light is on too. In the USB receiver, there is no light for the optic fiber wire input, and USB light blinks twice right after clicking "start" button and before the error is flagged.
As suggested in previous posts in the forum, we suspected of an optic fiber wire defect, however, we try with a completely new wire and the situation has not changed (same lights, same error). In addition, as far as we have checked there were no updates in the computer we were using. Also, albeit our USB receiver might have an old firmware (it has no visible sticker saying firmware 4.0, but it is detected by windows 10 computers displaying awarining message with code 28 announcing that drivers are not installed) it is detected and "a priori" it has the drivers correctly installed in the computer we were using for the recordings. In this computer we have also checked replacing the Labview_DLL file, as suggested in some older posts, and nothing changed (same lights, same error).
Finally, we have run the SyncTest.exe program (packed with the driver) with the following result:

"sizeof long = 4
ring buffer size = 33554432
GetOverlappedResult for buffer 0 returns 121
Waiting time period of the semaphore has expired (or something similar as it is displayed in Portuguese)
READ_POINTER returns FALSE -> acquisition not running!
stopping ...
Aborted, hit a key to exit"

As a beginner in the use of Biosemi equipment and software I will be really grateful if someone can give us some suggestion feedback on how to solve the problem.
Thanks,

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Error 5000

Post by Coen »

Your USB-receiver does not have the 4.0 firmware, and does not work with Windows 10.

Sent your USB-receiver to your local dealer (Starlab) for a firmware update.

Because you have connected an USB-receiver with old firmware to the Windows 10 computer, you must run the registry cleaning tool before connecting the updated USB-receiver, see https://www.biosemi.com/faq/install_USB.htm

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

diegoPF

Post by diegoPF »

Dear Coen,

Thank you very much for your quick response.
I also suspected of an outdated firmware in the USB receiver, however, the computer we were using the Receiver on is also a Windows 10 computer. Consequently, the situation is that our lab computer with Windows 10 detects the Receiver and doesn't flag the warning message with code 28 indicating that there are no drivers installed for it. But when try to start a recording it flags error 5000 (optic fiber light is off in the USB receiver despite we test a new optic fiber wire).
When we plug the same Receiver in some other computers running on Windows 10, it is detected albeit the warning message code 28 appears announcing that drivers are for the receiver are not installed.
Therefore, I wonder if there is any other test I should run on the receiver before sending it to my loacal dealer just to be sure it is a firmware issue.

Best, Diego

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

There are no meaningful tests with the old firmware in combination with Windows 10, a firmware upgrade to version 4.0 is required.

diegoPF

Post by diegoPF »

Ok,

Thank you very much, Coen.

Best, Diego