Problem with 32 channel headbox / EKG

kaplan21

Problem with 32 channel headbox / EKG

Post by kaplan21 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm having a problem with some equipment. We use an ActiveTwo system, with a 32 channel passive headbox. We plug a 32 channel ribbon into the A1-32 port for EEG collection, and the headbox into the B1-32 port to collect EKG and startle data. On one of our units, ActiView is not picking up any data from the headbox. I know it's not a problem with the hardware on the headbox, because when it's plugged into the A1-32 port, the data shows up on ActiView. I'm not sure if this is an issue with software configuration that can be fixed, or if it's an issue with the hardware (possibly the ports). If anyone has an idea, let me know! (If you need more technical information or details about the equipment, let me know - I'm fairly new to using the equipment).

Thanks!

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Problem with 32 channel headbox / EKG

Post by Coen » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Check whether there are actually Amp/ADC modules installed on the B channels (inspect offsets with nothing connected to the AD-box).

Best regards, Coen

kaplan21

Post by kaplan21 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:23 pm

I don't think there are Amp/ADC modules installed on the B channels. Is there a way to install them?

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:11 pm

Run the system with no electrodes connected: channels with offset at minimum (-262 mV) are installed, channels with offset at zero are not installed.

Purchase 8-channel modules (EUR 1600) for the additional channels you want to use and install them in the proper slots in the motherboard.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)